We’re relaunching the English Ministry at CECV.
We’re a young ministry. We're thinly resourced. We're figuring out the ropes. But we have a calling. And we can see the Spirit of God working in our midst. We believe the God who's calling us is bigger than our weaknesses.
We’re looking for courageous men and women willing to join us on this journey. Pray for God's work to be done here in this place.
"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day."
Do you desire rich fellowship among a Christ-centered body of believers?
Would you like to see Christ shine in the Chinese- and Asian-American community in Clark County?
Are you willing to get in on the ground floor and be a part of something new?
Mission and Purpose
Who we are - Uniquely positioned:
- Of the over one hundred churches in Clark County, WA, our body is the only English-speaking ministry to families and singles in a Chinese church.
- As such, we have a unique opportunity to foster an environment that will reach English-speaking Chinese and others with a connection to the Chinese culture. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23).
- To see Jesus Christ glorified and His message of love and reconciliation spread throughout the world (Matthew 28:18-20).
- To work with the Father to help Christians grow spiritually in their discipleship walk with Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:15).
Characteristics of Our Ministry
- Christ as Head: We desire to put Jesus first in all that we do (Matthew 6:33) - Though we may not always do that, we will choose to go back to this as our first love. We will seek out His guidance and direction so that we may honor Him in the decisions that we make and all that we do as a body.
- Prayer: We highly value prayer to the living God as described in the Bible (Philipians 4:7-8). Without prayer (talking with God), we will become easily drawn away from following Jesus closely. We long to see God bring revival to our community and our nation (2 Chronicles 7:14).
- Worship: We use contemporary worship that honors Jesus Christ – worshiping in spirit and in truth (John 4:23)
- Repentance and Grace: We are all sinners, saved by God’s grace ... living daily by God’s grace ... actively confessing our sins to maintain our relationship with God (1 John 1:5-10) and one another (Hebrews 12:14-16).
- Bible Study: We seek to know the truth and are open to what God has to say to us – realizing that, though we have freedom to direct our lives, it is God who guides us best. We want to know God more and that comes through study and meditation on the Bible, which we believe to be the truth in Word from God (2 Timothy 2:14-15)
- Fellowship: We desire to spur one another to love and good works (Hebrews 10:24-25) and build a Christ-centered community.
- Faith: We desire to grow in faith and be pleasing to God, the Father (Hebrews 11:6).
- Character: We highly value integrity, honesty and purity of life to maintain a healthy church body (Micah 6:8).
- CECV Body: Because we are one body, we desire to connect with the Chinese side of CECV and become one body within the CECV. We offer ourselves in service and know that we will all gain much from a united fellowship.
CECV believes we are called to spread the "Good News" of salvation through Christ Jesus. We support missionary efforts locally and around the world. We believe that spreading God's Simple Plan of Salvation is the "soul" purpose of Missions. CECV supports God's servants in their ministry of winning souls to Jesus Christ.
Thank God that we have part in the Great Commission: providing help to our fellow soldiers in the front lines through prayers and financial supports. We receive letters from them and learn about how they share the gospel to the local people with love and deeds. Our Lord will remember their labors and richly reward them.